Base on Runcam Split Camera Review you will know that It can be used for both FPV camera as well as 1080p Recording. They called it THE GAME CHANGER.
I was just going to buy RUNCAM SPLIT FPV/HD CAMERA (Before I used Runcam Eagle Cmos Camera). Then Runcam has discontinued due to his highly sucessfull GoPro Session shaped box camera because of the design patent violation.
SAME HAPPENS WITH YOU ? SAD HUH ?
Thanks RUNCAM To sending this over to me.!!!
Then they released something amazing , New product- The RUNCAM SPLIT FPV/HD CAMERA. It can be used for both FPV camera as well as 1080p Recording. They called it THE GAME CHANGER.
Basically its having same Chipset (hardware) as RUNCAM3 And released As SPLIT. Basically its know as SPLIT because of its 2 parts design One is Camera and One PCB stack with 30.5*30.5 Mounting Holes So Its stack-able.
What’s In the BOX ?
- 1x RUNCAM SPLIT CAMERA ( 1x 90mm Lens Extension Cable included)
- 1x WiFi module (optional)
- 1x 180mm Lens Extension Cable
- 1x Aluminum bracket
- 1x ABS bracket
- 1x 3pin FPV silicone cable
- 1x TV-out and power cable
- 2x Set of screws
- 1x Manual
Runcam Split Specs
- Weight: 21g
- FOV Angle of Field: FPV FOV 130° / Recording FOV 165°
- Video Resolution: 1080p60fps / 1080p30fps / 720p60fps
- WiFi Module Support (Removable)
- Two Customized Lens Extension Cables (90mm and 180mm)
- Exetremely Light Weight and Low Latency video output for FPV
- Replaceable Lens
- Dimensions: Lens Module 22*20mm / PCB 36*38mm (30mm mounting pattern)
- Power – Voltage/Current: 5V / 430mA when idle, 540mA-650mA when recording
- Supports WiFi configuration (wifi module is provided and removable)
- Real-time audio output
The Game Changer ?
- The PCB board can be stacked on top of your FC, Which Means Now its completely SAFE . no more direct hits to your HD CAM
- Weight – its only 21 grams for your FPV cam and HD cam Isn’t it good for light weight builds ??? where as other HD cam Weighs 70 grams
- In build mic.
- Works Like Fpv cam with video out from PCB. I think which is game changer.!
- No more broken HD cams you can simply replace the lens and you are good to go.!
- Ideal for race builds where you can save weight. now more HD race footage.!
- Equipped with WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) Taken from discontinued Runcam3
- Settings can be changed through wifi module as well as PCB it self which is nice touch.
Runcam Split Camera Improved SD Card Slot!
No more push mechanism like Runcam3 or Session5 . to prevent accidental removal . they are now using latch design now no more accidental popup’s. for more protection use electrical tape. by mounting on your FC you can’t remove your Sd-Card anyways we can use Micro-Usb for file transfer.
Setting It Up
They came with very easy Solution Where you can directly use your Betaflight-Fc to power it (needs 1A) If you are not using betaflight-FC. Thenyou Use 1A BEC or use 5v 1A From Your PDB to power it up. Only disadvantage is it can only take 5V.
Great thing about split is its stackable so you can mount it you in your frame. Which looks clean.!
There Is an Optional Wifi-Module. Which further helps you to connect with RUNCAM App to change settings.
The operation and settings are nearly identical to the Runcam3. Default password is 0123456789.
Comes with 2 types of mounting Systems.
Runcam Split Camera Pros & Cons
- 70$ for Good Quality Fpc Cam and Hd .!
- Its stackable so it Doesn’t Take direct hits in crashes like GoPro or Foxeer Box Cam
- Weighs on 21 grams
- Replaceable Lens
- WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) same as Runcam 3
- Improved Sd card Mount
- NO battery issue like other cams (uses your quad battery) i think Which is good thing.!
- Settings can be changed through PCb itself
- In build Mic
- Takes Gopro lens
- Switchable between 16:9 & 4:3
- Good Image Quality For This Price
- Can’t change Quad to Quad as other Hd cams (because its bolted into your QUAD)
- Takes Only 5V (not a big issue)
- Props in Hd recording (need to change the lens)
- Not Cheap for more than One Buils because you have to buy more Splits. For example you have 4 Quads and you need to buy 4 splits 4*70$=280$ Where as GoPro is 300$ or Foxeer Box cam 170$
- 5V reverse current this issue is found by (Dominic Clifton)
- No water proofing (if you land on wet grass maybe it will damage ur split)
- No Super-View
- CMOS-Cam (latency issue)
- Not ideal for low profile builds
It’s amazing . Runcam split hd camera makes whole build clean and compact that allows you to record 1080p . Hence there is less weight means more efficiency (more flying time) .
HD footage looks good for this price point . not recommended for low light flying.
Low latency means you can use it in your race setup if you are not a serious racer ( to See latency ). Good WDR (same as Runcam 3).
Although its a best combo you can get for 70 Bucks. I think You should try it once.