What’s the best frame for quadcopter? Everyone has their own needs and want to choose the best frame for quadcopter. But it’s not simple to successfully find the best frame for your needs. Fortunately, We have collected and sorted some resouces, which will be sharing and helping you to choose then best frame.
Quadcopter frame types
There are many different types of motor configurations such as Monocopter, Twincopter, Tricopter (Good for smooth flying with fast response of yaw control), hexecopter (More power than a quad with slightly better yaw control), octocopter (Most powerful and reliable), Y6 (More lift and more reliable then a quad), X8 (Slightly more lift then a hex but more compact and reliable), each with different needs and benefits.
Today we will introduce quadcopter, which how simple and easy the designs are.
Before you choosing the best frame for quadcopter, have to know what you want it for? There are some common uses of quadcopter include:
- Taking aerial videos or photograph : Big enough to lift a specific camera with tall landing gear.
- FPV : Virtually indestructible with extra electronics and action cameras.
- Mini drone : Very small and virtually indestructible.
- Sport & Social (racing, aerobatics, impressing your friends)
- More professional uses such as package delivery, agriculture
- For research or personal robotics development
Quadcopter frame materials
Most available materials for the frame are:
- Carbon Fiber
- Wood, such as Plywood or MDF (Medium-density fibreboard)
- Plastic & PVC
Although it is not as important as for the arms which of the 5 material to use for the center plate, plywood is most commonly seen because of its the light weight, easy to work with and good vibration absorbing features.
But which quadcopter frame materials is the lightest? If only considered the materials weight, Plastic & PVC is the lightest one, but other factors also take a importance parts, such as price, signals, hardness, Resistance to fall off etc.
Lightest quadcopter frames table
|Lisam LS-180||Carbon Fiber||180mm||90g||Check Price|
|GEPRC FPV GEP210||Carbon Fiber||210mm||98g||Check Price|
|YKS DIY Full||Carbon Fiber||250mm||141g||Check Price|
|Readytosky||Glass fiber||500mm||405g||Check Price|
We can found that Carbon Fiber is the most common materials for quadcopter frame. Becuase they are lightweight, small size, long lifetime and great intensity, effectively reduce vibration during flight, guaranteeing the flying ability of the Quadcopter.
Best frame for Quadcopter
Below are some of best frame for quadcopter for some commn types:
- Taking aerial videos or photograph :DJI Phantom 3 Advanced
- FPV : Most popular and best quadcopter fpv frame for FPV racing
- Mini drone : Best RTF and Micro quadcopter buying guide for beginners 2016
- Sport & Social : S500 PCB Quadcopter Frame Kit with Landing Gear Skid
Related Best quadcopter frame choosing guide
|Frame Size||Prop Size||Motor Size||Motor KV||Lipo battery|
|120mm or smaller||3 inch||1104 – 1105||4000KV+||80-800mAh 1s/2s|
|150mm – 160mm||3-4 inch||1306 – 1407||3000KV+||600-900mAh 2s/3s|
|180mm||4 inch||1806 – 2204||2600KV+||1000mah/1300 3s/4s|
|210mm||5 inch||2204 – 2206||2300KV-2700KV||1000mah/1300m 3s/4s|
|250mm||6 inch||2204 – 2208||2000KV-2300KV||1300-1800mAh 3s/4s|
|330mm – 350mm||7, 8 inch||2208 – 2212||1500KV-1600KV||2200-3200mah 3s/4s|
|450mm – 500mm||9,10,11 inch||2212 – 2216||800KV-1000KV||3300mAh 4s or +|
Choosing tips of best frame for Quadcopter
- Complete Kits like these from 3DR are an intermediate step. They ensure you have all the parts you need, the final result will be very close to the RTF but they are slightly cheaper because you perform the frame assembly and flight controller configuration yourself.
- After you have choose the quadcopter frame, it’s good idea to make sure that flight controller and motors will fit on your quadcopter frame. Because most frame manufactures also give you different specifications of quadcopter frame, which you have to see if it accommodates the board you’re using.
Now, you are able to choose the best frame for quadcopter, and make your personal quadcopter at home. If you have any more questions about quadcopter frame, Pls leave your comments on here.
RC Quadcopter project pdf guide for beginner - Diy quadcopter - Quadcopter diy,quadcopter controller knowledges build quadcopter and quadcopter design by yourself
August 14, 2016 at 12:18 pm
[…] How to choose the best frame for quadcopter […]
Quadcopter frame and lipo battery and motor and propeller size matching table - Diy quadcopter
November 5, 2016 at 4:30 am
[…] The first thing, you may know which frame you plan to getting start for you quadcopter. It’s very importance, because frame size will limit other components size. If you do know how many quadcopter frame sizes that there are and where to getting start with? Here are two articles recommended to you, Quadcopter frame sizes – which class series quadcopter will you make? and How to choose the best frame for quadcopter […]
Best quadcopter frame recommendations for FPV - Diy quadcopter
November 14, 2016 at 1:15 pm
[…] How to choose the best frame for quadcopter […]