Both of indoor drone racing and outdoor racing are popular today, but want to get the champion is not a easy thing. In this article will tell you more informations about these racing events and listed a fast FPV parts helping you to succeed.
Why Indoor Drone Racing?
As we known, drone racing was become a sport racing in all over the world. In my experience, FPV racacing can be divided into 2 types: Indoor and outdoor.
Outdoor Drone Racing: FPV event often was held outdoor,because there’s larger area to race and the racing course can be specially designed having more aerial tracks and styles. Every urban center has various outdoor activities space, therefore that’s more place more flexibility for choose.
Indoor Drone Racing: Indoor drone racing is another event style that popular as well as outdoor. In order to avoid infection of weather, the indoor racing is the best choose for event that you do not need worry about the weather changes. In this way ensure that no drone has an unfair advantage due to the environment. Whether you are a champion depend on your pure skill and your drone design, or you are a team it is more important in cooperation.
Indoor Drone Leagues
Thare are many courses of indoor event racing including Rotorcross, Drag race and Time-Trial. Listed as blow:
Time-Trial: Just like its name, each drone runs the course alone, shortest elapsed time wins.
Drag race: In certain distance, two or more pilots fly at the same time, the winner is the one who runs the fastest.
Rotorcross: In the special racing course, two or more racers fly at the same time, to see who crosses the finish line first.
Any events without organizers. There are many famous leagues all over the world, Listed as following table:
|MultiGP||Indoor and outdoor||America|
|Aerial Grand Prix||Indoor and outdoor||Europe,North America, Asia and the Middle East|
|Aerial Action Sports League||Indoor and outdoor||America|
Best FPV Setup For Indoor Racing Event
As you see above courses (Rotorcross, Drag race and Time-Trial), speed is the most important for racing. Speed is the main factor for champion who the skill level is getting close to others. Therefore, whether you build or buy one drone, the frist thing you should consider is more light and more faster.
How to build a faster FPV?
Highly recommended these components for FPV that can fly to reach over 145mph, it is fast enough for indoor racing event. Listed as blow:
- 180 quadcopter 3k carbon fiber frame (Click to know more)
- SP Racing F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF(Click to know more)
- EMAX RS2306 2750kv Brushless Motors(Click to know more)
- Makerfire 4pcs BLHeli_S 30A ESC(Click to know more)
- FPV Racing 5×4.5E & 5×4.5EP props (Click to know more)
- Tattu R-Line 22.2V 95C 1300mAh Battery(Click to know more)
- RunCam Swift Mini 600TVL FPV Camera (Click to know more)
- 5.8GHZ 200MW 32CH Wireless Transmitter TX (Click to know more)
- Dynamite GPS Speed Meter(Click to know more)
- 2pcs Aomway 5.8G FPV Antenna (Click to know more)
- 3D Goggles with 5in VR Monitor (Click to know more)
- Flysky i6X transmitter with iA6B receiver(Click to know more)
- Battery Straps (Click to know more)
I’m betting that you will probably win the champion of indoor drone racing while using above FPV setting. Of course, personal skill still is not ignorable, I believe you are okey. Just enjoy the FPV sport.